11 August 2009

All Nando's - All The Time


I don't know much about South African food.

But I do know this. Fast food in Australia is crap.

We have McDonalds. We have KFC. We have Hungry Jacks, which is a crappy version of Burger King. That's it.

No Taco Bell. No Whataburger. No Sonic. Not even freakin' Wendy's. And certainly no Taco Cabana.

There is only one fast food joint in Australia that is worth a shit, and that is Nando's. I go to my local Nando's at least once a week for the extra hot grilled chicken sandwich (or "burger" in Australian) with peri-peri spicy fries (chips in Ozspeak). It's the only food in this barren land that is the least bit spicey and it's freakin' good. Plus, they sell beer - always a plus in the fast food department.

Come to find out, Nando's is from South Africa.

I can pretty much guarantee that the FGOC clan will visit many a Nando's while we're at the World Cup.

But, the main reason for going to Nando's?

Because Herrmann hates it.

4 comments:

Ed said...

Wait, if I read that correctly, you count Taco Bell as "good"?

Drew said...

Hoover, you used to live on these shores. Australians wouldn't know Mexican food if they were slapped upside the head with a freakin' burrito supreme with extra hot sauce.

And, yes, Taco Bell is good - especially when the nearest one is 9000 miles away.

Terry said...

Guys, it is true, Australian Fast Food is crap, but it is the same the World Over. I certainly never found a Fast Food joint in the USA that I would call good. I go to these joints to fill a whole not to get a good meal.

Herrmann said...

I was waiting for the end, Drew. It's official...I hate you. You just joined Nando's on the official Mike Herrmann Boycott List.